11.01.2008

By Small and Simple Things....

So my sister suggested a mothering book to read, and my mom got it for me for mothers day. It is a really good book called, "Mothering with spiritual power." By Debra Sansing Woods. It takes scriptures and likens' them to motherhood. The whole book is great, but the one concept that has continually jumped out to me, and the one that I thought I could share with all you other busy mom's is this:
Remembering the By Small-And-Simple-Things Philosophy
"Now ye may suppose that this is foolishness in me; but behold I say unto you, that by small and simple things are great things brought to pass; and small means in many instances doth confound the wise."
-Alma 37:6
The chapter goes on to explain how to apply this concept in mothering. And now instead of getting frustrated with the messy kitchen, and thinking "this is overwhelming, and to much." I think...."I will just clean this part of the counter, or just sweep the floor...etc." I try to apply it whenever I feel overwhelmed. Just to take it one step at a time. And it really works, eventually everything does get done. But it keeps me from going crazy at the forefront.
The book is much more in depth, but I just thought I'd try to explain this concept of thinking. It has helped me, maybe it will help you.
I sure look up to all of you other moms out there. It is really nice to know that everyone is experiencing similar things being moms, and I always find strength in reading your blogs, and hearing your stories!
Love Julie!

2 comments:

GDuck said...

Thanks for the inspiration!

My friend has this on her blog. I thought it was pretty good....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9YU0aNAHXP0

nicole said...

Thanks for sharing these thoughts! It made me remember how important those small and simple things really are. You are an inspiration to me Julie. :)

counter

Free Counter