5.08.2010

My Dad's Retirement from the Tabernacle Choir

My Dad has served in the Tab Choir for slightly more than 20 years. They generally "kick you out" after you have either served for 20 years, or if you turn 65. So he was in it for the 20 year thing. And I think he actually served for closer to 22 years, due to some randome scheduling things. But anyway, it was a really neat thing to have as part of our lives for so long, and I know that he will miss it dearly! So we had to throw him a party! Here are some pictures of the party we had, and some of Sunday morning when we went up for his retirement program at the tabernacle.



This table dispalyed only some of the many places he visited with the choir, and people he met while serving. There was also a picture his kids at the age we were when he started. Hard to believe how fast time flies!



Here are the girls saying a few words about our Dad and our Mom, who both sacraficed a lot for the choir.

Walking back to our car.


Temple Square looked so amazing! I wish my yard could look half that amazing!
(And I wish Breanne would have smiled for this photo...oh well.)


Inside the tabernacle.




This picture is kinda fuzzy, because I had my zoom on, and in the super low lighting, it didn't turn out the best, but that man sitting in the middle is President Monson!!! It was really cool to be so close to the prophet. And it was really neat that he was there to personally thank the members who were retiring. It made me realize just what a big deal the whole thing is. I was very grateful for the chance to be so close to, and to be able to hear the voice of the prophet in such a personal setting. He was the one who gave each member thier plaque, and they got a picture with him. I can't wait to see the one my dad got. Pretty cool.



Eli, and the kids....having to be patient through the program.



Cheryl and Eric, Melissa and Jake, Brent and his girl friend Kirsti, and some other aunts and uncles and cousins.....All made it up to Salt Lake to see my Dad. It was really nice.




Jared and the kids, looking for my dad, and watchig the program.





1 comment:

Adam and Christine Jardine said...

How cool, I really hope someday I'll get there. . . who knows? I love that picture of Eli, it totally looks like he has a flower in his hair! Looks like you guys had fun!

counter

Free Counter