11.25.2009

Happy Birthday Joshua!

Joshua is turning 7 on December 22nd. But like Scott, we had birthday parties a month earlier to avoid the Christmas craziness.
Here he is with all of his cakes.


This year he wanted a "StarWars the Clone Wars" theme. So here are the light sabers, made out of cupcakes.

And here is his "Commander Cody" helmet cake. This is what he chose, and wanted. I think it turned out pretty cool.


And these were the light sabe cupcakes that all of his friends got at the "friend party."


This was the first game we played at the "friend party." The kids had to "use the force" and keep thier balloons afloat.


Here they are eating their cupcakes. And it was really cool, because one of the boys wouldn't let anyone else start eating until Joshua had taken the first bite. So they were all cheering him on to eat, causing a lot more excitement than I thought would occure during this part of the party. It was really fun.



We played lots of other smaller games, but this was the coolest, and sortof the main game.
I made little balls out of cruppled up paper, and then position one team of boys behind the couch, and the other behind the folding table. Then they had a certain amount of time to just chuck the balls at each other. Then, once I called time, we counted how many balls were behing each teams boundry, and the team that had the least won. The boys loved it! We were able to play it multiple times, and it really wasn't as crazy as it might seem. It was great...I would totally recomend it for those of you with little boys.

Here is another shot of the "Clones vs. Droids" game.



The last game we played was "Bounty Hunters." Where the boys had to use the toy bin lids to manuever over to the hidden candy and toys (the bounty). They only had 5 lids, and they couldn't touch the "blue goop from the alien planet." This was really fun. The boys really got into it.
This was the best party I've given for Josh. It turned out really great!

Here is Joshua at the family party.


I gave Joshua some mints for this party. He loves them.





He got this awesome Clone Wars helmet from Grandma and Grandpa Jardine! He has wanted this for years! And I must say that it is pretty cool.



It also came with a "blaster." (It shoots nerf bullets.)











Here it is on him.



And her he is doing a really fun thing that Grandma and Grandpa Mortensen started up as a tradition.
The kids get to reach into a money jar, and pull out as much money as they can. They love doing this. And it is mostly full of quarters, so they get a lot. I think Josh pulled out like $4.




Here he is counting the money.




And finally here he is blowing out the candles on his cake.
We just love Joshua. He is such a good boy! He has such a sweet spirit. He's really good at math, and reading. He is loving the new neighborhood, and has made lots of new friends. Happy Birthday Joshua! You are the greatest!

1 comment:

6jardines said...

good work Mama! He is getting so big!

counter

Free Counter