11.06.2009

Barbie Dresses!


I'm sorry, but I just have to do a little boasting! I ACTUALLY MADE THESE BARBIE DRESSES! And I'm super proud of myself. I haven't really sewed much before, and I didn't really know what I was doing, but I think they turned out really great! I'm going to be giving them to Breanne for Christmas, along with some of my old Barbies from when I was a little girl. My parents recently got the "box of old toys" down from thier attic, and I was able to get some of my Barbies, but most of them were either naked, or the clothes were in pretty bad shape, so I figured I would make some clothes for them. Plus, it is always fun to have a few extra dresses, and Breanne doesn't really have that many yet. I went to buy some, but they were SO expensive, and really immodest. So I'm grateful that I was able to make some dresses that look pretty good, and should be easy for little hands to get on and off. They certainly aren't "perfect", but they are sufficient to be used for a little girls toy dolls. The one I'm the most proud of is the black one. It is hard to tell from the picture, but it was probably the hardest to make, and I think it turned out really awesome! I made the wedding dress first, and you can't really see the details in the viel and stuff, but it's neat too. Anyway, it has been a lot of fun to be sewing lately! It is also fun to be "designing" the dresses. So it really is a "win-win"....Breanne gets fun dresses to play with, and I get to have a ton of fun making them! Maybe I will be able to find time to make more, and I would like to try to make something for Breanne to wear too. We'll see....
(p.s. The Barbies pictured are not my old Barbies, they are some of Breanne's Barbies that I used as the "models" to make and show the clothes.)

5 comments:

6jardines said...

Those look amazing! Way to go! I hear ya on the store bought dresses...brutal!!!! Try as I may...our barbies are naked half the time anyway!

Becca Curzon said...

Wow! I'm impressed. They loo great.

nicole said...

How cute!!! Look at you... that's amazing! I wouldn't even know where to start with that kind of project... I'm totally clueless when it comes to sewing. How fun.
Oh by the way, I keep meaning to tell you that I LOVE the blanket you gave us. It is my all time favorite, it's sooo soft!
Thanks again... it's provided some much needed comfort lately. :)

Sarah... said...

WOW!! Julie, there is NO way I could do that!! Sheesh. Did it kill your fingers? They look amazing! I'm seriously impressed. And you designed them too? Super cool. I can totally relate to the whole "expensive" doll clothes thing. It's terrible. But, there's going to be one excited girl on Christmas morning. How fun!

GDuck said...

Wahoo! Sell them! Sell them! And, Let's have a Barbie-clothes-making-party now! :)

counter

Free Counter