




When we moved in, we noted that there were some things that would need changing, and updating in our house. One of those things was to scrape the thick and ugly texture off the ceiling of the dinning room! So we did it on Saturday! And let me tell you...it was hard and messy!!! But so worth it! We took down one wall, and are planning on removing the other wall that is between the kitchen, so it would have looked really bad to have this different texture on one ceiling. Plus the texture itself is just bad. So it had to go. Now we just have to retexture the ceiling, (along with every other ceiling in the rooms upstairs, along with most the walls) and paint, and "walla"...we will have beautiful ceilings throughout! We have a lot of projects to do to make this house "ours", but it is a lot of fun to finally be able to do what we want with our space. Unlike renting, when you just have to put up with everything. And I'm a big HGTV fan, so I'm always watching those shows, and I love to see the before and after. And I couldn't wait to be able to remodle my own place. And now we are doing just that. It is hard work, and it seems endless, and we are so tired, but I think it will look awesome when we are finished. I need to take some pictures so you can all see the "before" and how it looks right now. So you will appreciate the "after" pictures of when I am done. Maybe when I've spent some time cleaning, and I feel like I can take some picts, I will. Hopefully some time this week. I know lots of you have asked to see them! So stay tuned!!! But for now you can kinda see the awful green cabinets in the background. And just know that those are definately going to go!
3 comments:
Oh wow! What a project! But how fun that you actually get to enjoy the fruits of your labors. We did all the work when we were ready to move... and then I didn't want to go cause it looked so great! How smart of you to get it done now!
YAY! glad you got a chance to do that! fun!
Awesome, let the renovating begin!! We're happy to help you paint while we're up there. Then again, all the rooms will be full of visiting Jardines!! We're excited to see all of you soon!
Post a Comment