This is one of the greatest inventions...the permanent marker! But for all it's positives, there are its negatives! And the one big negative about this marker is when it gets into the hands of a toddler! And not just one toddler (mind you)... TWO! This afternoon when I went to pick up Josh from school, I entered the mini van to see that Eli and Scott were covered in black ink, and had put big lines of marker all over the seats, and floor. Normally, I am very careful about the Permanent markers. They are kept way high up, and I generally put them right back when I'm done using them, to prevent such experiences. But not this time! I had left it in the car from the day before when I used it to write a message on a zip-lock bag (another story). Anyway....I always open the car doors and let the kids get in the van while I grab my purse and phone and stuff, so they had time to find the marker and within only a mater of like two minutes, they drew lovely designs all over my minivan!!! Well, I amazingly didn't just freek out! But remained calm while I picked up Josh. Then I came home and gathered any and all cleaning supplies that I could possibly think of, and started trying! Well, HAIRSPRAY worked!!! I went on a recomendation from a friend (Thank you friend...you know who you are!) And it came off! Like it never happened! So there now you know....Hairspray will take Sharpie (permanent) marker off the fabric seats of a minivan! And maybe some other things too! (I say that because I have a friend who recently posted her own "Sharpie-kid-furniture" event.) So thank heaven for the Sharpie and for all the great ways we can use it! And thank heaven that it isn't actually quite so "permanent"!
1 comment:
Ha ha this is a great story Ju!
Post a Comment