4.27.2010

"The Hole"

Life.....
Brings.....
Stuff.....
Like....
This.........

A Broken Sprinkler pipe. Lovely! Not exactly how we wanted to spend the day, but luckily today was actually a pretty nice day to be outside. Not to Hot, not to Cold. And thanks to help from Kip and Jake, Jared's been able to get the problem fixed.

What was interesting was that we had to cut the water off to the house for a couple of hours today, and it really made me aware of how unprepared I am for an emergency where we would not have running water. I think I could handle a power outage. Mostly what you need is to open the windows, and then have flashlights and stuff like that on hand. But to not have plumbing! or the ability to have running water for cooking and cleaning....now that is hard to prepare for. We need to get some of those big buckets, and then I think there is something that could be like a toilet bucket or something. None of this is fun to think about, but definately needs to be.....before it's to late! So here's to one more thing for the "to-do-list". Try to get some more water storage!

And hope that the pipes don't ever give us problems again!













1 comment:

nicole said...

Oh no!! That looks like such an ordeal. It seems like stuff like that happens around here at the worst times... like right before Jon has an exam or something. Glad you had some help to get through it!!

counter

Free Counter