After 10 years of marraige, I finally made Jared a PIE! Apparently it was right around national "pi day"... go figure. But that was not why I made the pie. I made the pie, because we had some nieghborhood children come around selling pies for $15. I didn't really like their "cause", and didn't think it would be responsible to spend $15 on a pie right now anyway. But when I told Jared about it, he was like, "Pie...Yum...we should have bought one..." So I decided it was time. I would make him a pie. It helped that the grocery store we visited that night, had the kind of apples that we needed to make a good pie (according to Linda. Which would be ROME apples.) So the next day... we had apple pie. It wasn't that hard. It is just that, while I do like pie, it is not my favorite dessert, and Linda was always making them anyway, so I just never made one. I think I will be making them more often though now. I would also like to experiment with some home made "pop-tart" type things. Putting jams and stuff in them. Yum! (And if you aren't a parent who's seen Backyardigans, which is the picture above, then: it is a super cute show that has an episode about samuri's who make pies. It is one of our favorite episodes, and it has a really fun, catchy song about pies....which I was singing a lot while making the pie. I guess I am a "pie master" now.) I know it will make Jared happy!
No comments:
Post a Comment